THE BEST CONCERT EVER: PINK FLOYD'S ROGER WATERS "US + THEM"

Hi, today I will talk about the best concert I have ever witnessed. Before the pandemic left us unable to attend live shows, I frequently attended international band concerts or smaller performances. Several of them I remember fondly, such as the Black Sabbath concerts Estadio Nacional and Monumental, or the last two presentations of Muse, or Radiohead in 2018. However, that same year I had the opportunity to attend the best show I have ever seen. I'm talking about the concert of Roger Waters of Pink Floyd at the National Stadium in November 14th 2018. Roger was the bassist and main composer of the progressive rock band, one of the most important in the history of contemporary music, fundamental to understand the development of rock and pop to this day.

The show was incredible, with an impressive technical display: surround sound from the four corners of the stadium, a giant screen that spanned the galleries from side to side, perfect lighting effects and a first-class band of musicians. I enjoyed every song, especially the classics from the album "Animals", my favorite. Also the moment of the song “The Great Gig in the Sky”, with a moving performance by two choristers. Some of the best moments were the explicitly political messages against neo-fascism, the inflatable pig that crossed the field, and the inclusion of a tribute to the Chilean singer-songwriter Víctor Jara, who is much admired by Roger. The show lasted a little over two hours. Simply unforgettable.




 

Comentarios

  1. Hi Manuel, what a privilege to have witnessed the greatness of Roger Waters. I can't imagine how amazing that concert must have been.
    Regards!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. hello manu, how lucky you were to witness one of the most important rock bands and how great it is that Chilean talent is recognized.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares